Leaky2 will let you leak, move or replace part of the spectrum from the left, right, sum (mid) or difference (side) to a choice of the same. Leaky and Leaky2 were Initially made to handle phase cancelation problems while mastering but there are other uses too. REMEMBER: Taking the trackback to the mix should always be your number one choice, fiddle with phase during mastering will always have consequences!
Example of situations where Leaky can be useful:
- Some instrument or part of a mix is out of phase, both while mixing or mastering
- Leak the diff/side into the sum/mid to enhance the reverb when listening in mono
- Most of the atmosphere of the track is placed in the side and get lost while in mono.
- Upmix mono content to stereo
- Lift back some of the choir to the center channel without losing width
Introduction and comparison between version 1 & 2:
Use Leaky 2 to stereoize a mono track:
- Windows 32bit VST2
- Windows 64bit VST2
- Windows 64bit VST3
- MAC OSX 64bit AU (We still consider Mac builds experimental, seems to work perfectly though… So far so good)