Leaky2 will let you leak, move or replace part of the spectrum from the left, right, sum (mid) or difference (side) to a choice of the same. Leaky and Leaky2 were Initially made to handle phase cancelation problems while mastering but there are other uses too. REMEMBER: Taking the track back to the mix should always be your number one choice, fiddle with phase during mastering will always have consequences!
Example of situations where Leaky can be useful:
- Some instrument or part of a mix is out of phase, both while mixing or mastering
- Leak the diff/side into the sum/mid to enhance the reverb when listening in mono
- Most of the atmosphere of the track is placed in the side and get lost while in mono.
- Upmix mono content to stereo
- Lift back some of the choir to the center channel without losing width
Introduction and phase cancellation tutorial:
Tutorial: Use Leaky 2 to stereoize a mono track:
Tutorial/demo: Using Leaky2 and Skyline to rescue a misplaced vocal in a live recording.
- Added two more methods, Filter and Filter Destination modes
- Windows 32bit VST2
- Windows 64bit VST2
- Windows 64bit VST3
- MAC OSX 64bit AU
Good to know:
- Windows users: Our plugins depend on Microsoft Visual C++ 2015, you can get it here: Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable
- By downloading any of our plugins you subscribe to our mailing list. You will be able to unsubscribe at any time either here or with an unsubscribe link in the e-mails.
- Mac versions are still considered as test-builds, they seem to work perfectly but we’re still testing.
- We currently don’t support OSX Catalina, however, users have reported that our plugins work by bypassing Apples Gatekeeper.